Boat pose and the Lion's pose are powerful Solar Plexus chakra yoga poses and will further awaken and balance your third chakra.
The solar plexus chakra is not only the key to a healthy self-esteem and personal empowerment, but on a physical level is also linked with digestion, immunity, diabetes, or hypoglycemia.
This chakra is also very susceptible to highs and lows, creating peaks and valleys in your energy levels.
Balanced third chakra, means balanced energy, healthy immunity, healthy digestion and strong personal power.
This is a challenging asana that requires a strong core and balance. That's why it is a perfect solar plexus chakra yoga pose. Not only this posture works on your third chakra, it also balances your first chakra because you have to release your weight down through the first chakra.
- Sit on your mat with your legs straight in front of you.
- Keep your core muscles firm and your upper body straight.
- Exhale and slightly lean back, raising your legs to about 60 degrees while leaning back about 30 degrees.
- Balance on the front of your buttock bones.
- Lengthen the muscles at the back of your neck and slightly drop the chin.
- Raise your arms and stretch them towards your ankles. Keep your arm muscles engaged.
- Breathe evenly and deeply.
- To come out of this pose, pull your knees to your chest and roll up and down your spine to give yourself a nice spine massage.
Boat pose can also be practiced with a partner. The difference is that you are facing each other and when you are fully in the pose, you hold your partner's hands and your feet touch your partner's feet, thus giving you a bit more balance and stability.
Lion's Pose - Simhasana
Simhasana is a powerful breathing technique that allows for your abdomen, throat and jaw to undergo a release.
Why do we need to release belly, throat and jaw? Because that's where a lot of our stress, fear, frustration, irritation is stored. It is in the stomach where a lot of our emotions are stored if they are not discharged from the body.
Lion's posture, or Simhasana allows us to use the power of breath to access and release these deeply held emotions.
- Sit on your heals with your back straight.
- Lean forward and put your hands on the floor in front of you, fingers pointing backwards.
- Became aware of any sensations in your abdomen.
- Take a full deep breath and allow your abdomen to fully expand.
- Feel the sensations in your abdomen and connect with your breath.
- Then, with a roar like a lion, throw your tongue out as you exhale the emotions and sensations in your abdomen.
- Repeat this roar several times - breathing in your abdomen, connecting with your feelings, and exhaling the feelings with the power of a roar.
By releasing energy and long held emotions in your abdomen, you create space for a smooth energy flow through your third chakra.
More solar plexus chakra yoga poses
If you want to learn more yoga poses to balance the solar plexus chakra or for an in-depth study of chakra yoga poses, I recommend the following book by Anodea Judith:
This is an excellent book for the experienced yogi as well as the beginner. Anodea Judith teaches hatha yoga poses for balancing and aligning the seven sacred centers - the seven chakras.
There are specific poses for each of the seven chakras to accomplish a series of tasks: enter, align, activate, soften, attune, illuminate, awaken.
The teachings and guidance in this book will help you to access your subtle body with the practice of yoga.
Meaning of Aura Colors
Learning to see Auras is easy, understanding and interpreting what you see is a bit more complex. Learning what different colors of Human Aura mean is a first step in this understanding.
Chakra Colors in Depth
Explore the deeper meaning of color and its connection with your seven chakras. Learn about the science of color, how we see colors and delve into color psychology. Awaken your sense of self and re-connect with your soul.
All healing is self-healing. Tapping into the universal energy, we can use Reiki to heal our physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies. A gentle and safe method for holistic self-care, anyone can use Reiki energy for self-healing.
Third Eye Chakra
The Brow Chakra or Third Eye is the 6th chakra also known as Ajna chakra. The gift of this chakra is clear seeing. It is seeing beyond the physical form, beyond the frequencies of material world, seeing the subtle energies and higher vibrations. The energy of Ajna chakra allows us to access our inner guidance.
Stay connected! Subscribe to Chakra Wisdom eZine and
download a free Chakra Affirmations poster.