Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) in the West is most commonly understood as a holistic healing method for connecting universal energy with the body's innate powers of healing. It is also translated as "universal life energy" or "spiritual power" or "soul force".
The Japanese Kanji of Reiki has two parts: rei and ki.
Rei is a Japanese word that means "universal" and is also a reference to the higher dimension of the soul. Rei can also be translated as "spirit".
Ki is a Japanese word that means the vital life force energy which connects all living forms. Ki is like our personal energy that flows through our body.
When we put the two words together Rei and Ki, the meaning is: spiritual energy, universal life energy, or soul energy.
Many cultures and religions have been aware of the existence of this energy and have different names for it. Here are some examples:
Chi or Qi - by the Chinese
Prana - by the Hindus
Jesod - by Jewish Kabbalists
Mana - by the Huna in Hawaii
Baraka - by the Sufis
Fluid of Life - by the Alchemists
Orgone - by Wilhelm Reich
Bioenergy - by Eastern European researchers (Czechoslovakia and Russia)
All of these terms refer to one and the same basic energy. Energy that is the basis for the continuity of life in all of life forms. When this energy is flowing freely, you feel alive, you have a zest for life, you have abundant energy for your projects, and for your work and pleasure. When this energy is blocked in your body, you feel drained, unmotivated, and perhaps experiencing a variety of aches and pains or other physical challenges.
Let's look at some more ideas about what is Reiki.
- A holistic healing system that is easy to learn and easy to use.
- A way to connect to the deeper parts of yourself, to your Higher Self, your true Self or Spirit.
- A way to realize the Oneness of life, the interconnectedness of everything.
- A healing system that works on all levels of your being - physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- A way to to open and energize body meridians and acupuncture points.
- An effective and gentle chakra healing and chakra balancing tool.
- Gentle method for providing nurturing love, compassion, and comfort to those who need it.
- A spiritual energy vibrating at a higher level.
- A connection between you and the Universal life source, the free flowing energy surrounding us and within us.
- A complementary therapy, non-intrusive, hands on healing technique.
- A spiritual discipline that utilizes meditation, the use of symbols, cleansing rituals, and spiritual principles for daily living.
- Is mindful living.
- Easy to learn and to master when you are attuned by a teacher who is guided for the highest good of all.
- Empowering - you will feel your own power to heal and to feel good about yourself and your purpose on Earth.
- Safe to use. Reiki can be used by anyone and anywhere. Your Reiki Master will teach you how to use Reiki for healing and for well-being.
- Is a unique experience. While we are all interconnected and in the essence we are all One, we are also unique individuals. We experience everything uniquely.
- Reiki reminds us that we are always profoundly connected to Spirit
Reiki is simple. And if you want to truly understand what is Reiki, you must experience it. It is useful to read about it and learn on an intellectual level, but to truly understand Reiki, you must experience it.
I strongly believe in education - I read hundreds non-fiction educational books per year. But, I also practice what I learn. I became a Reiki practitioner in order to practice Reiki and to participate in Reiki healing circles.
As with anything, no amount of knowledge about Reiki gained through study, will replace direct embodied experience. Find a teacher, find a healer, or find a Reiki share where you can receive Reiki. Above all, get an experience.
And ... if you would like to continue reading for now, the following articles will give you more information about what is Reiki, its principles, symbols, benefits, and much more.
Do you want to lead a fulfilled life? Dr. Usui taught his students 5 principles also called Reiki Percepts or Reiki Ideals. If you live your life according to these simple principles, you will lead a fulfilled life.
There are 4 symbols in the Usui System of Natural Healing. 3 of these symbols are taught to Reiki 2 students and the last symbol is taught to Master students only. There can be much secrecy surrounding the Reiki Symbols, here you can explore the symbols and their meaning.
To understand what is Reiki, you may want to try Reiki Share. Learn about a wonderful way to receive and to practice Reiki on a regular basis free of charge or for a small fee or donation. Get some tips on how to start your own Reiki exchange.
You are your own healer. Activate your inner healer with Reiki self-healing. Bring Reiki to yourself regularly and feel blockages to dissolve and energy to flow freely. Give yourself the gift of love ...
One way to learn about what is Reiki is to learn about the many benefits of Reiki. This ancient healing technique can help you to open up to the limitless possibilities of healing and wholeness.
Reiki is a connection with the ever flowing wisdom and healing light of the Universe. Tapping into this light, this energy that is available to us can be used for healing.
That is the basic premise of Reiki Healing. We all can experience this profound and deep healing energy if we open ourselves to the mystery of life and Universe.
Explore this gentle, non-invasive healing modality that helps us to re-connect our body, mind, emotions, and soul.
And if you are still wondering what is Reiki, my friend Margo, an experienced Reiki healer, sums it up: Reiki is pure love.
Meaning of Aura Colors
Learning to see auras is easy, understanding and interpreting what you see is a bit more complex. Learning what different colors of human aura mean is a first step in this understanding. The colors of aura provide information about physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Chakra Colors in Depth
Explore the deeper meaning of color and its connection with your seven chakras. Learn about the science of color, how we see colors and delve into color psychology. Awaken your sense of self and re-connect with your soul.
All healing is self-healing. Tapping into the universal energy, we can use Reiki to heal our physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies. A gentle and safe method for holistic self-care, anyone can use Reiki energy for self-healing.
Third Eye Chakra
The Brow Chakra or Third Eye is the 6th chakra also known as Ajna chakra. The gift of this chakra is clear seeing. It is seeing beyond the physical form, beyond the frequencies of material world, seeing the subtle energies and higher vibrations. The energy of Ajna chakra allows us to access our inner guidance.
Stay connected! Subscribe to Chakra Wisdom eZine and
download a free Chakra Affirmations poster.