Home>Sacral Chakra>Sacral Chakra Yoga Poses
Sacral Chakra Yoga Poses
to Align and Balance Your 2nd Chakra
The best sacral chakra yoga poses are those that work with movement in the hips and lower abdomen. Some poses are aimed at opening and some are aimed at moving energy through this area.
Before you begin to practice yoga, check with your doctor. Some poses can be challenging for the body and it is best to practice with a qualified yoga teacher.
Your second chakra is associated with the element of water and therefore sacral chakra yoga poses are fluid like water. Water is the source of abundance, it holds creative energy and vitality.
The sacral chakra holds our most potent creative powers, our dreams and fantasies.
Dancer's Pose, Natarajasana
Nataraj means King of Dancers and is the dancing form of Lord Shiva. This yoga pose stretches thighs, groin, and abdoment and improves balance.
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Tadasana. Inhale and firmly root your right foot into the ground. Move your weight into the right foot.
- Exhale and lift your left heel toward your buttock as you bend your knee.
- Reach back with your left hand and grasp your left ankle or your foot.
- Raise your right arm up towards the ceiling and hold it there.
- Begin to lift your left leg upwards away from the ground and your body. Keep lifting.
- As you lift your left leg, tilt your upper body forward.
- Hold the posture and feel the energy flowing through your pelvic area.
This is an excellent yoga pose for balance. It requires a great deal of concentration.
Child's Pose, Balasana
This is the most powerful pose to become in touch with your own breathing and with the movement of the air in your abdomen. In this posture, you can let the prana of water to flow and awaken yourself to your inner life as you observe your breath.
- Kneel on your mat. Separate your legs about hip with appart and sit on your heels.
- Exhale and slowly fold the top half of your body over the lower half.
- Lenghten your tailbone as you let your forehead rest on the mat.
- Let your arms go back, so that the backs of your hands are resting on the mat. alternatively, you can stretch your arms in front of your body, palms resting on the mat.
- Once in Child's Pose, observe your breath. Do not force it, just observe it as it fills your abdomen and your chest. Pay attention to your pelvic area. What do you feel with each inbreath? And what do you feel with each outbreath?
Twisting Triangle, Trikonasana
The twisting movement in this sacral chakra yoga pose helps to move energy in the sacral chakra area, while being firmly rooted through the feet and balanced throught the root chakra.
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Tadasana.
- Exhale and move your left leg behind you. Your feet should be about 3 ft apart.
- Your right foot is facing straight forward while your left foot is turned outside at about 45 degree angle.
- Raise your arms sideways to shoulder level. Your left arm is reaching forward and your right hand is reaching to the back. Palms are facing the floor.
- Bend at your waist and lean forward. Rotate your body toward the right leg, reaching down to the ankle or to the floor.
- Stretch your right arm straight up, so it is in line with the left arm.
- Hold the position and feel the energy flowing through your sacral chakra.
- Repeat on the other side.
continue to Sacral Chakra Sun Salutation
Stay connected! Subscribe to Chakra Wisdom eZine and
download a free Chakra Affirmations poster.