The best sacral chakra yoga poses are those that help encourage graceful, flowing movements. Movements that keep us fluid and flexible in body, mind, and spirit. Learn graceful flow of sun salutation sequence.
Sacral Chakra Sun Salutation, or Surya Namaskar is a fluid sequence of poses for moving the body and for balancing the chakras. With this sequence you are stretching and increasing flexibility, improving concentration and balance.
When you learn the sequence, work on fluid and graceful movements as you move from one pose to another. With sacral chakra sun salutations you can experience the interconnectedness of your body, mind, and breath.
Sun Salutation Sequence
There are a variety of sequences for Sun Salutation series. This one is my favorite:
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Tadasana, your feet about hip width appart. Take a deep breath in and feel your connection with the Universal force or with spirit. Breathe out and feel your connection with the Earth.
- On your next inhale, bring your arms overhead, bending your back slightly and looking up between your hands. Open up your heart centre.
- As you exhale, bend forward at the hips, bring your hands down towards the floor. If you are tigh in your harmstrings, you can slightly bend your knees. Inhale and lift your hands and your body about midway to your calves as you look up. Exhale and return all the way to the Forward Bend.
- Inhale and step your right foot back into a lunge. As you bend into the front leg, make sure that your knee is above the ankle and not further to the front.
- Exhale and push yourself into the Downard Facing Dog position. Inhale at the top and then slowly lower yourself down to the floor through a push up position all the way down. Alternatively, you can place your knees on the mat and lower yourself down from that position.
- Put your hands on the mat in line with your shoulders and curl your toes. Your shoulders are pressed back, inhale and lift your upper body into Cobra - your chest and throat are open.
- On an exhale, bring your head and chest back down to the mat. Take a deep breath and
- Lift yourself up to a tall Plank position (as if ready for push-ups). Keep your body flat and straight.
- Inhale and step your right foot forward into a lunge, while setting your left foot on the floor.
- Exhale and lift your left foot of the ground and step forward. Return your body to forward bend with your hands on thefloor.
- Keeping firm contact with the ground, inhale as your lift your body and sweep your arms over your head into a gentle back bend.
- Exhale and put your hands into prayer position and in line with your heart.
You can repeat this sequence as often as you like. Many people prefer to do Sun Salutation in the morning as a wonderful start to their day for chakra balancing. It does not matter when you practice it, as long as you practice.
Sacral chakra Sun Salutation benefits the whole body and all of your chakras. The fluidity of this sequence is particularly beneficial for your second chakra.
More sacral chakra yoga poses
If you want to learn more yoga poses to balance the sacral chakra or for an in-depth study of chakra yoga poses, I recommend the following book by Anodea Judith:
This is an excellent book for the experienced yogi as well as the beginner. Anodea Judith teaches hatha yoga poses for balancing and aligning the seven sacred centers - the seven chakras.
There are specific poses for each of the seven chakras to accomplish a series of tasks: enter, align, activate, soften, attune, illuminate, awaken.
The teachings and guidance in this book will help you to access your subtle body with the practice of yoga.
Meaning of Aura Colors
Learning to see Auras is easy, understanding and interpreting what you see is a bit more complex. Learning what different colors of Human Aura mean is a first step in this understanding.
Chakra Colors in Depth
Explore the deeper meaning of color and its connection with your seven chakras. Learn about the science of color, how we see colors and delve into color psychology. Awaken your sense of self and re-connect with your soul.
New! CommentsDo you have something to say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. I'd love to hear from you!
All healing is self-healing. Tapping into the universal energy, we can use Reiki to heal our physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies. A gentle and safe method for holistic self-care, anyone can use Reiki energy for self-healing.
Third Eye Chakra
The Brow Chakra or Third Eye is the 6th chakra also known as Ajna chakra. The gift of this chakra is clear seeing. It is seeing beyond the physical form, beyond the frequencies of material world, seeing the subtle energies and higher vibrations. The energy of Ajna chakra allows us to access our inner guidance.
Stay connected! Subscribe to Chakra Wisdom eZine and
download a free Chakra Affirmations poster.